The Assabet Village Food Co-op is an initiative to build a community owned market that provides access to healthy, affordable food for the Metrowest area, and be located in the town of Maynard.
The Vision for the co-op is:
• To build a store that will be owned and democratically governed by its members.
• To thrive through the practice of economic and environmental sustainability.
• To sell healthy and nourishing food at an affordable price, and in doing so promote healthful living.
• To serve as a gathering place, one that is accessible and welcoming.
• To engage the community through outreach and education.
• To empower our members to support the local economy and our local food producers.